Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beach Time - So much fun!




I decided to give walking a try the day before we left Indy for Marco Island, FL. It really couldn't have been a more perfect time because I was able to stroll on into the water by myself and check out all of the cool things the ocean has to offer. Our condo was right on the beach and I spent my days collecting shells, swimming and taking some rock star naps! We went out to eat for lunch quite frequently and I perfected my restaurant skills - I'm pretty patient as long as I have a snack trap filled with treats. Daddy was able to stay for a week and Auntie Allison came down for 5 days.

Marco Island is south of Naples so the water in the ocean had been warming up for me all summer long. 89 degrees, not bad... felt like bath water. Madi and I played more than ever. Pal would build card houses out of coasters and I would knock them down. Allison taught me the joys of water guns... and my parents, well they just enjoyed the Caroline-free time together. It was so nice having so many helping hands.

Two weeks passed quickly by and we headed home on 4th of July. I missed Daddy and was ready to be in my own home/bed after a long month of traveling. It was a terrific month, a kid really can't ask for more!

No comments: