I've been such a slacker with this blog, and I'm sure my memory is not going to help me out with every small detail of Caroline's life in the last few months.
As many of you know, I lost my Mom to abdominal cancer in July. It rocked our world - to say the least - and has given the entire Eidson/Palmer family a new reminder at how precious life truly is with each day.
We returned home at the end of July and somehow managed our way through August. Labor Day, we were back in KC to celebrate Lori Bettinger's wedding. All kinds of good fun and such a happy occasion to be back home. It was really a great time of healing for all of us - and with Caroline as a side kick, you just can't be down for too long - she always says/does something to cheer you up!
This Fall we have enjoyed being in Erie, yes you read that right. It was really nice to just be here - after non-stop travel the first half of the year. I wouldn't have changed any of the trips, but it was a little chaotic! I think we have hit almost every festival, fall event and local attraction we can think of around Erie. Niagara Falls was a big hit - Ryan hadn't been there since he was a little kid. It is only a 2 hour road trip and fun to say you went to Canada for lunch! We also got some happy news that we will become a family of four next April. That's right, 02 (thanks Erin Majka for the nickname) will be here around Tax Day - who knew there was ever a reason to get excited about Tax Day? We will be surprised once again on gender, but I'm thinking pink... that crazy Mom instinct. Guess we'll have to wait and see!
Caroline is a walking, talking kiddo these days. She's all about song and can break into Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Wheels on the Bus or a number of other favorite tunes. In September, she got a big girl bed and LOVES it! The kid can crank out a 3 hour nap and be happy to get back in it at 7.30 PM at night - we are so happy she made the transition with ease... now about that potty training thing. She loves to ask, "What doing?" or "What that?" I guess the inquisitive 2 1/2 year old is cranking into high gear!
Those are the big highlights as of late. I'll post some pictures to show you all how she's growing. Happy Halloween!
4 comments:
Wow you have gone through a lot. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It is never easy losing a parent. My dad was for a while before he died, but his passing was still a big shock. I don't know if it will get easier, but it will get better. Kids have a way of cheering you up every day. I am so excited for O2, that is great news. We also have a new addition and so I started a new blog, eniolaajayi.blogspot.com. Its call two boys and a little lady. Looking forward to keeping more up to date with you. Take care. Thinking and praying for your family.
Anna,
Your Caroline is an absolute doll. Been using your mom's chili recipe regularly this fall and thinking of you often. Hugs and kisses.
Sarah
Hi Anna - Loved reading the update about Caroline. I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. I have great memories of her from when Rachel and I went to visit you in KC - always so kind and such a gracious host. Will be thinking of you all as I know it must still be so very hard. On a happy note, congrats on O2!! I am sure s/he will bring you as much joy as Caroline as brought in to your lives.
Love,
Danielle/Danner
Look at her big girl room!!!! I better subscribe to your blog cause I somehow lost the address!
Post a Comment